Friday, August 12, 2011

My Cake Hobby

I was in a local craft store and had turned down the cake supply isle, standing there were these two women, who were both just staring at all the stuff on the shelves, not saying a word. They had this deer in the headlights kind of look about them. I politely reached around them to get the couple of items I needed. But right before I walked away, one of them said to the other, "no wonder cakes are so expensive".  The other one says," yeah, maybe we would be better off to just pay someone else to make this thing after all". I thought to myself, "yes you would!"

It is very hard to actually make money on these outrageous custom detailed cakes. That is why cake making is now just an occasional hobby for me. It is way tooo expensive not to even mention time-consuming. I will always make my kids birthday cakes and I'm sure other personal treats here and there. I am preparing for my oldest son's birthday right now. My kids birthdays are very special to me and I want to make them as special as I can for them too. Pictures will be posted of course, of whatever we come up with.

But for anyone who may not understand why I don't make cakes anymore, I suggest just trying to make one of them for yourself. You probably will change your mind when you see everything you need to purchase even before all the work can begin. Crazy!!
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment