Saturday, July 3, 2010

M&M Cake

 
This cake was for one of my babies,...my sweet Gavie Bear! It was Gavin's 6th birthday. (Wow,... how time flies!) This was the perfect cake for Gavin because he loves candy!  I've always called him my little candy man. I had 9 1/2 large bags of M&Ms poured around these two cakes. So we are stocked up on M&M's for a while. If I ever have to make this again, I have figured out a couple of different ways I could have done it that would not have required ALL of those M&M's. Of course, my usual method of learning,...I figure out what NOT to do the next time. But none of the kids complained about the M&M's, so we're good! 


Gavin enjoyed his party with some family and a few of his really good friends from school. His party was just as it should have been, all about HIM enjoying his day and having a great time! God answered my prayers and blessed us with a beautiful day! It has rained all week so this truly was a blessing. After hot dogs and cake, we went swimming in the pool, so the sunshine was very much needed and we even had a cool breeze for the moms. 

Gavin helped me come up with the flavors for these cakes. The yellow one is a vanilla cake with mini-M&M's baked in it. It is filled with peanut butter and chocolate ganache. Yum Yum
The red one is a chocolate cake filled with buttercream icing and, of course, big surprise,.... M&M's.

No comments:

Post a Comment