Tuesday, June 22, 2010

1st Birthday Cake

This cake was for a beautiful little girl who was turning one. She also happens to be my niece. I made a smash cake to go with it but unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of it. I don't know how I could have forgotten it. It was only 6:00 a.m when I was taking these pics and I had not been to bed yet at all. The smash cake was a one layer 6 in. round, all decorated in buttercream so she could make a Big mess. Her mom requested it be made in lighter colors than the cake, since she would be wearing it. LOL So I did light yellow and pink polka dots and a number one on it.



This cake was decorated to match the decor of the party. I cannot, however, take credit for the design of it. I was just a last minute fill in because the original cake decorator was unable to do it. So I tried my best to do what they had already planned. I am sure, though, it was not quite as good as what it should have been. I know there were many things I would have done differently if I had had the time. I just did the best I could do in the very short time I was given. I will say though, that this is my first and last rush order. I made that promise to my family. But I'm happy for Victory that she was able to have a cake for her 1st birthday.


Happy Birthday sweet Victory! I hope you enjoyed your party and had a great birthday!



1 comment: