Monday, December 13, 2010

Rapunzel Cake

This is a very special cake because I made it for my little girl's 4th birthday. Faith watched me very closely while I worked on this one and critiqued me the entire time. Her only disappointment was that I did not add the prince to the cake. She said, "Who is going to protect her hair from getting cut off?". lol 
I did originally plan on the prince and drew him out on paper just like I did Rapunzel. But I did this while trying to watch The Biggest Loser. I am a BIG multi-tasker but it does not always work out for me. For example, the next day, after I had baked the four, 6 inch layers of cake that were to be stacked, I realized the prince was actually taller than the entire tower of cake. OOPS!!! 
I never found more time in my crazy schedule to sit down and try and draw him smaller. Oh well, I liked the cake better with out him. We told Faith that Daddy would protect Rapunzel and she said, "well I'll just eat her hair." And she did! The first thing she asked for when I cut the cake was Rapunzel's hair.  

Oh yeah,...she had to BE Rapunzel too. The funniest thing was watching her get "Tangled" in her hair during the entire party.
This cake is for my beautiful cousin, Breanna, who's birthday is the day after Faith's.  I made her favorite cake and then cut out the shape of her face on fondant and drew on the fondant with an edible foodwriter.
The two birthday princesses! 

1 comment:

  1. DeeDee! You do awesome work! You are so stinkin' talented and I'm happy I found your blog! I LOVE Faith's cake! Edie is having a "princess/repunzel" birthday party in Feb for her 3rd birthday. Can I order one of these from you?

    ReplyDelete