Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pool Cake


This was an extremely fun cake for me to do and I was very happy with the outcome! It was for a little boy who loves to swim and was having a pool party!
The water was made with piping gel and the little people were molded from modeling chocolate. All of the other details were made from fondant and gumpaste.
This is suppose to be the birthday boy, Landon. Landon is an Auburn fan so I made him an AU beach towel. He is also holding up 6 fingers because he turned 6 yrs old on his birthday. 

The woman with the glasses is suppose to be Landon's Mom.
 This little kid is...., well I figured Landon needed a buddy to play with. He is just floating in the pool, relaxing. This was my first time ever making people and I still need a lot more practise with it. It was definitely a challenge, but I enjoyed it!
On the way to the party, my oldest son, Dylan said the sweetest and funniest thing to me. He said, "Moma how did you learn to be a cake artist?". I laughed, but at the same time I thought that was so sweet of him to look at it that way. He does not realize how much that meant to me and how good he made me feel.  

                                                                                             
I want to thank Landon for inviting us to his party! The boys and I had a blast! Happy Birthday Landon!

And Gavin would like for me to set the record straight once and for all; to a certain local lifeguard, if you happen to be reading this, Gavin CAN swim. Thank you for your concern, but it's not necessary. lol 
Gavin had such a hard time getting over this. I think he wanted me to make that girl sit down and prove to her that he could swim and that she was wrong. I could not convince him that it did not matter what she thought. We have to work on that one or life is going to be hard.  If I've learned anything in life it's this,.. People think what they want to think and you are not going to convince them otherwise. Other people's opinions do not change what is true. It just broke his heart because he's worked so hard to learn to swim and he's very proud of himself. That's all we do around our house in the summer is swim. But I'm sure she was doing what she thought was best. You just can't convince Gavin of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment