Friday, June 4, 2010

Still Trying To Figure It All Out

I've been extremely busy with cake making and decorating for a while now. That is a really good thing, but as with all new adventures, there are a lot of new challenges as well. A month ago, I was learning how to manage this with just one child at home. One child who couldn't understand why I was unable to play with her whenever she wanted me to. Now my challenge is working with 3 at home. My kids, like most, tend to get into a lot of trouble if they don't have some planned activities through out the day.
I just finished a very detailed cake that I'm very excited about. I have worked all week on the details for this cake. This feels like the first time I have actually sat down and relaxed in a long while. The bad thing is that I haven't done anything with my kids and it has rained all week so they have been stuck inside = trouble.
Each of them has made some disturbing comments about me making cakes this week. My 5 yr old asked if I was going to be making that cake forever. My 16 yr old wanted to know if this would be my last cake, which it's not. Then my baby summed up how they have all been feeling I think the best. I told her we could play tomorrow because I was not going to be working on a cake. She said, "yeah, cause that would make me sad and I would rip up that cake".
They are the reason I started making cakes in the first place, because they loved it so much and it meant so much to them. Now they are starting to hate it because it is taking their Moma away. I have to figure out a balance. I have to figure out how to do all of this and still have happy nurtured children. Piece of cake,... right?
Well, I know that tomorrow, I belong to my children. And I don't have to start another cake until next Thursday. Praise the Lord for that! The kids and I will just have to figure out how to make this work one cake at a time,.......or they will just despise cake.  j/k

No comments:

Post a Comment